Wed, Feb 07|
Wednesday Morning Write
Wake up and dive into your imagination with a 30-minute experience. It's stress-free, judgement-free, short-form writing based on pictures and prompts. "Wednesday Morning Write" is *free* and open to 18+. Sign up, show up and join a growing community. Online each week - all from the comfort of home.
Time & Location
Feb 07, 2024, 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM PST
About the Event
Those who join in TNM online sessions should familiarize themselves with our participation disclaimer and agreement at https://www.thenarrativemethod.org/tnm-disclaimer
How It Works (30-minute Sessions):
INTRODUCTION & INSPIRATION:
- A TNM facilitator sets up the session, including group agreements and the TNM Core Concept of the week.
- The facilitator shares a photo and a prompt. You're invited to use the prompt as a starting point and take it anywhere your imagination leads in any style, any voice. The only parameter is to keep it to half a page or 250 words.
- After the writing, you are randomly assigned to small breakout groups with other participants.
- Everyone takes turns reading their piece without stopping for conversation or feedback. Simple acknowledgments such as "Thank you for sharing." are welcome. While each person shares, focus on witnessing without judgment.
- After everyone has shared, feel free to discuss your process, the TNM Core Concept and prompt or share about something else that's going on with you that may be relevant to the TNM experience. Speak for yourself only and refrain from giving advice or asking probing questions.
- NOTE: If someone in your group shares something deeply personal and may be in distress, please ask them if they are okay in this moment and don't hesitate to send a direct message to the TNM facilitator.
- In the final minutes, the group comes together to share their thoughts about their experience, answer questions, go deeper and have fun!
Remain aware and conscientious of your choice of words and tone. Please do not ask personal questions or give advice. Hate speech or hurtful behavior, regardless of the context will not be tolerated and will lead to immediate removal from the session.
Confidentiality is essential. What is said in the group must stay here. We do not record these sessions and will not tolerate any recording, transcribing, repeating others' stories or otherwise infringing on the rights and privacy of others.
To ensure that everyone feels comfortable sharing their stories and their feelings, we require everyone to have their cameras on during sessions, except while writing. If you do not comply you will be removed from the session.
When listening to others' stories, put yourself aside so you can hear others from their perspective, without your own assumptions getting in the way. Your job is only to witness each other with appreciation.
- Ticket type
We are committed to offering programming that's accessible to everyone and rely on your contributions to make that possible! Please consider paying what you can afford in your week to stay financially comfortable while showing your support for The Narrative Method.PricePay what you want